Beswicks’ Insolvency and Corporate Recovery team acts on behalf a wide range of insolvency practitioners, representing firms from sole practitioners to large national practices.
Our solicitors act for insolvency practitioners in issuing winding up petitions, bankruptcy petitions, applications for administration orders and debt collection.
We specialise in acting for claimants and defendants in insolvency related litigation, including preference claims and proceedings to set aside transactions at an undervalue.
Our insolvency experts also act for company directors in providing advice regarding insolvency situations, defending them against claims for personal liability and acting for them in defending company director’s disqualification proceedings.
We also specialise in the sale and purchase of businesses involving insolvent companies.
Our services include:
- Administration orders (in Court and out of Court procedure)
- Bankruptcy petitions
- Company voluntary arrangements and individual voluntary arrangements
- Corporate rescue and turnaround
- Debt collection and issuing statutory demands
- Directors disqualification proceedings
- Insolvency litigation
- Insolvency in football clubs
- Sale and purchase of businesses and insolvent companies
- Winding up petitions
"Clients include national insolvency practitioners such as KPMG, Moore Stephens and Insolvency Practitioners Direct. Richard Preston is recommended and the 'pragmatic' Richard Anderson has joined the team." Legal 500 2011
"Beswicks Solicitors LLP's Richard Preston offers "practical, intelligent and commercial advice". - Legal 500 2010