Debt recovery fixed fees
Fixed fee for a business to business (limited company) debt that is undisputed: £25 (excl. vat)
Fixed fee for a business to business (non-limited company per individual) debt that is undisputed: £50 (excl. vat)
- Taking your instructions
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Calculating any interest due
- Calculating any contractual costs due
- Sending a pre-action protocol letter with enclosure
If the case becomes disputed, there will be a hourly rate applied of £225 (excl. vat) for the work undertaken.
Our fixed fees are:
|Debt value||Court fee (no vat due)||Our fee (excl. vat)||Total (incl. vat)|
|Up to £300||£35||£50||£95|
|£301 to £500||£50||£50||£110|
|£501 to £1000||£70||£70||£154|
|£1001 to £1500||£80||£80||£176|
|£1501 to £3000||£115||£80||£211|
|£3001 to £5000||£205||£80||£301|
|£5,001 to £10,000||£455||£100||£575|
|£10,001 to £15,000||5% value of the gross claim||£225||£1020 (estimated)|
These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed.
Our fixed fees include:
- Preparing and issuing proceedings through the Money Claims Online (MCOL)
- Once the case has been issued, receiving from the court a Notice of Issue providing the date of service and date for judgment if the defendant failed to reply
- Where no acknowledgment of service or defence is received, applying to the court to enter judgement in default
- When judgement in default is received, writing to the other side to request payment
- If payment is not received we will provide you with advice on next steps and likely costs
The above fees are in relation to our costs in issuing court proceedings only.
They do not include:
- Additional work required if the case is not straightforward and proceedings need to be forwarded to the court by post including all supporting court documents.
- Further work that may arise if the other party disputes your claim at any point. This additional work could be on a fixed fee basis (for example if a one-off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed. This would be fully discussed with you.
If you wish to proceed with a claim, please note:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action is needed to collect your debt
Matters usually take five weeks from receipt of your instructions to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of judgement in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.
Meet the team and find out more about our debt recovery service.