Good Divorce Week 2020 is organised by Resolution, which is a community of family law professionals who believe that a non-confrontational approach to family law produces better outcomes for couples and children.
All of Beswicks’ family solicitors are accredited Resolution specialists, which is why we are keen to promote Good Divorce Week 2020.
The concept of a ‘good divorce’ might seem a little odd, given that the majority of separations are quite understandably emotional and stressful experiences, but it is possible to conduct a divorce in a way that encourages a calm and amicable approach.
This year’s Good Divorce Week campaign focuses on Resolution’s Code of Practice with the aim of demonstrating the value of getting early advice from a Resolution member who upholds the code.
What does the Code of Practice say?
In essence, the code encourages family solicitors to consider the needs of the whole family when seeking to resolve family issues.
To achieve this we promise to:
- Listen to you, be honest with you and treat you with respect.
- Explain all the options and give you confidence to make the right decisions.
- Help you focus on what’s important in the long term.
- Help you balance financial and emotional costs with what you want to achieve.
- Work with others to find the right approach and the best solutions for you.
- Support you to put the best interests of any children first.
- Reduce or manage conflict and confrontation.
Why choose a Resolution accredited solicitor?
- Resolution members have all signed up to the Code of Practice, so you can be confident that your solicitor is a trusted expert in their field who will handle your divorce with the utmost professionalism.
- Resolution accreditation is a mark of excellence in practice, demonstrating that your solicitor has the highest level of skills and expertise.
If you intend to get a divorce, get advice from a Resolution accredited solicitor at the earliest opportunity. Getting advice early is the single biggest factor in delivering amicable and long-lasting resolutions after separation.
For a fixed fee, one-hour consultation with one of our Resolution accredited solicitors phone 01782 205000 or email email@example.com
The consultation will cost £100+vat and is guaranteed to provide all the information and advice you need to make the best decisions about how to move forward with your divorce.