legal hub

Your questions… answered

Search our legal hub for the answers to some of the legal questions that we get asked most frequently. If you can’t find your question, just email us at

Department: Debt Recovery

Debt Recovery

Why are court fees increasing?

After a government consultation in November 2023, there will be an increase of court fees from 1 May 2024.

Debt Recovery

How long does a flight have to be delayed to get compensation?

Flight delays are unfortunately a common occurrence but few travellers are aware of their rights in relation to claiming delayed and cancelled

Commercial Property

Why is it necessary to provide ID and proof of funds when instructing a solicitor?

Providing ID and proof of funds is a requirement of The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds Regulations 2017.

Debt Recovery

How can I improve my chance of recovering unpaid invoices?

Prevention is definitely better than cure when it comes to recovering unpaid invoices.

Can't the the answer to your query? Ask us a question Debt Recovery

Can I use the small claims process to recover money that I am owed?

If you are owed £10,000 or less, you can take action against the person or organisation that owes you the money through small claims

Debt Recovery

What do I do if I’m owed money?

Whether you are a business or an individual, trying to claw back money that you are owed can be incredibly time-consuming and frustrating.

Debt Recovery

Can I claim interest on outstanding invoices?

The simple answer is yes. There are three types of interest claims.

Debt Recovery

What is the duty to report on payment practices and performance?

If you are a limited company or a limited liability partnership, and meet the below, you have a duty to report on your payment practices.