Can I transfer ownership of my home? Conveyancing and Property

Yes. If you and your partner are separating or if you want a family member to have a share of your home, you might need to change the legal ownership of your property. Please note if the property is subject to a mortgage, the prior consent of the mortgage lender will be required before any legal change of ownership can take place.

Where the ownership of a property changes but one or more of the original owners remain, this is known as a transfer of equity. A solicitor can guide you through this legal process.

Our Conveyancing and Property Specialists

Contact a member of the team for advice.