Do I need a solicitor to change mortgage provider? Conveyancing and Property

If you are staying with the same lender, you won’t need a solicitor. However, if you are moving to a new lender, you need to instruct a solicitor to draw up the mortgage deed and transfer the title of the property.

Make sure you choose an independent, reputable conveyancing solicitor to act for you. You are not obliged to use your lender’s legal representative, as they are acting for the mortgage lender, not you.

For help with remortgaging, contact our conveyancing and property team.