How do you file for no fault divorce? Family Law

No fault divorce may be applied for solely or via a joint application. Applications are made online by providing names and addresses for you and your ex, an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate and proof of your name change if you’ve changed it since you got married.

A fee is payable when a divorce application is submitted.

You can instruct a divorce lawyer to apply for your divorce or you can apply yourself. It is worth noting, however, that this is simply the process of ending your marriage. Any decisions about financial settlement or child arrangements need to be negotiated carefully and made legally binding. You will certainly need the help of an experienced family lawyer for this part of the process.

For advice on this or any family law matter, please don’t hesitate to contact our 5-star family lawyers.