Do I need a solicitor to re-mortgage my home? Conveyancing and Property

You will need a solicitor to handle the legal aspects of your re-mortgage, dealing with all the paperwork to transfer the funds once your re-mortgage is complete. Sometimes mortgage lenders encourage you to use their nominated legal representative but be aware that this person is acting for your mortgage lender, not you.