Can we bring staff back on reduced pay? Furlough and Employment Contracts

With their agreement yes. This is a major change of terms for the employee so you cannot do this without their agreement. You should discuss the reasons why and maybe set a review date so both parties know it may be temporary.

If they wont agree, there are options available such as dismissal and re-engagement

Our Employment Law Specialists

Contact a member of the team for advice.