What happens with the arrangements for my children on separation? Family Law

If a couple separate, the couple needs to consider what is in their child’s best interest. If parents cannot resolve these matters amicably or via mediation, they can apply to the court for a child arrangement order.

This will resolve who the child lives with and when the child spends time with the other parent. There are other types of applications that may need to be made regarding issues such as education, medical treatment and removal of a child from the jurisdiction. The court will consider a number of factors to determine whether an order is appropriate in the child’s best interest.