Why use a solicitor to make a will? Private Wealth
A Will is a legal document and if it is drafted incorrectly it could cost a lot to put right any errors. You really do need a qualified solicitor to draft it for you to avoid storing up problems for the future.
Some firms claim to have dozens of ‘wills experts’ ready to draft your will for a fraction of the cost a solicitor would charge, but these are often based on a standard template and aim to fit everyone into the same mould when, in fact, no two clients’ situations are the same.
Here’s why the Law Society says you should use a trusted solicitor for all legal issues:
- Experts in their field – solicitors have years of training and are experts in the law.
- Client-focused – solicitors look at each case individually, so the advice provided is focused on your specific needs.
- Value for money – getting proper advice when making the most important legal decisions of your life ensures you avoid mistakes that could be costly further down the line.
- Honest and honourable – solicitors are regulated and abide by a strict code of conduct, so you can be sure that they will do what is best for you and your case.
- Approachable and accessible – a good solicitor provides a service that best meets your needs and will keep you informed every step of the way.
If you have any more questions about Wills, please contact our Private Wealth solicitors today.