Andrew Turnock Crime Partner
As a partner in our criminal defence team and a duty solicitor, I lead our criminal defence team.
I am an experienced magistrates court advocate and qualified higher court advocate (criminal) in 2010. I often work with the Beswicks Legal commercial and litigation teams on cross jurisdiction issues.
Although challenging at times, my role is very enjoyable and satisfying. I work closely with our teams on client development by reviewing and evolving their overall marketing strategy while assisting in planning departmental and firm wide seminars, workshops and networking events.Book an appointment online
Make an appointment with one of our specialists using our online booking system
Typical issues I deal with are:
- Business or commercial crime
- Confiscation orders or seizure of assets
- Copyright theft
- Corporate manslaughter
- Drug trafficking and major importation
- False accounting
- International and organised crime
- Large scale public order offences
- Money laundering
- Proceeds Of Crime Act prosecutions
- People trafficking
- Serious fraud, VAT, Customs & Excise, DTI investigations
- Speeding, 172 Notices and drink-driving offences
I have recently acted for clients in relation to:
- Seventeen England football supporters charged with violent disorder in Manchester city centre.
- Successfully defending a drink-drive case at trial where it was argued the police had failed to observe breath test procedure correctly at the police station.
- Representing a defendant at trial who was acquitted of affray following successful legal argument on recent case law.
- Acting for a defendant involved in largescale counterfeiting, theft of copyright and industrial sabotage.
- Successfully defending a courier driver acting in the course of his business in due care and attention trial at Manchester City Magistrates Court involving the death of a pedestrian.
- Partner, Beswicks Legal crime team
- Duty solicitor
- Criminal Law Solicitors Association
- Higher court advocate (criminal)