Gary Mellor – Senior Partner
Gary Mellor Senior Partner
As Senior Partner I have a breadth of experience across a number of specialisms, however, since setting up Beswicks Sports in 1999, my primary focus has been sports law.
I have extensive knowledge of the sports, media and entertainment world and have provided commercial and practical advice to the media and entertainment industries. I advise the football and cricket worlds and have close links in athletics, snooker, golf and tournament organisations, including arranging international players for high profile events. I have been involved in numerous contractual negotiations at all levels.
As well as being ranked among the elite leading lawyers nationwide by the Legal 500, I am an Orlando City founder and former director of the Major League Soccer club, and a trustee of the Stoke City Football Club Community Trust.
Book an appointment online
Make an appointment with one of our specialists using our online booking system
Typical areas I deal with are:
- Managing and advising top international sports men and women
- Sourcing and negotiating commercial and playing contracts
- Promotion of the client
- Post-career planning
- Sourcing and negotiating media contracts
- Management contracts & recording agreements
I have recently acted for clients in relation to:
- Negotiating a £17 million transfer in the English Premier League
- Securing and negotiating a record sports merchandise agreement in Australasia
- Concluded numerous contracts in the Premier League, Championship and both domestic and international cricket.
- Senior partner of Beswicks Legal
- Director of Beswicks Sports Ltd
- FA Registered Intermediary
- British Association for Sport and Law
- Trustee of Stoke City Community Trust
What others say about me:
Beswicks Solicitors LLP has a growing international reputation in sports law. Gary Mellor advises football clubs in both the UK and the US, and also represents footballers and cricketers in transfer negotiations. Legal 500 2014