Jessica Hancock Disputes Solicitor
My background is predominantly corporate and business-related areas assist me in understanding our corporate clients’ businesses, their needs and struggles when faced with potential commercial disputes or the prospect of issuing or defending proceedings.
I have developed my practice in both contentious and transactional construction and engineering matters. As a commercial litigator, I am able to highlight potential areas of dispute and ensure that the appropriate provisions and levels of security are in place to protect clients from costly and lengthy disputes at a later date. I also assist our wills, trusts and estates team regarding contentious probate and trust disputes.Book an appointment online
Make an appointment with one of our specialists using our online booking system
Typical areas I deal with are:
- General commercial disputes
- Contentious and transactional construction and engineering matters
- Contentious probate
- Trust disputes
I have recently acted for clients in relation to:
- A construction dispute involving disputed contract terms, final account and defective works in regard to a Neurological Care Unit.
- A report on a full suite of construction contracts and negotiations for the incoming tenant of a multi-million pound student accommodation development in Wembley.
- A lease dispute, acting for the sub-tenant, in regard to a sublease at the stadium of a Premier League football club.
- Multiple substantial alleged debt claims by an insolvent, household name, franchisor against multiple franchisees.
- A 1975 Inheritance Act Claim; which was borne out of an invalid will resulting in intestacy, the subsequent failure of the deceased spouse to take the Letters of Administration, the successful citing of the spouse resulting in our client being awarded leave to apply for the Letters of Administration.