Nick Phillips Managing Partner
I am the Managing Partner of Beswicks and a rounded commercial lawyer with specific expertise in commercial disputes and employment law.
I lead the delivery and implementation of our business strategy and put our clients at the core of everything we do. I am passionate about what we do and the way we do it.
I advise on the full spectrum of employment issues including large scale reorganisations, disciplinary action and restrictive covenants. I am noted for my commercial and pragmatic approach. I regularly support clients with executive exits and act for executives often in relation to settlement agreements. I also work with our dispute resolution team on higher value commercial litigation disputes.
I frequently advise high profile sports sector clients including professional clubs, players, managers and corporates specifically on employment and dispute matters as part of our sports law offering.Book an appointment online
Make an appointment with one of our specialists using our online booking system
Recent matters I have dealt with:
- Advising sports sector client on commercial dispute and successfully negotiating a resolution to the dispute at a 21 hour mediation;
- Jay Rodriguez FA Commission hearing;
- Advising MD of large PLC on terms of settlement agreement – negotiated significantly improved exit terms;
- Advising employer on breach of restrictive covenants by former employer and taking appropriate action following breach of client intellectual property;
- Advising and implementation of plan for large scale reorganisation which involved a significant number of redundancies;
- Employment law support on numerous corporate transactions;
- Advising numerous executives on settlement agreements as well as advising employees on settlement agreements on a large scale voluntary redundancy plan.
- Managing partner of Beswicks Legal
- British Association for Sport and Law
- Employment Lawyers Association
What others say about me:
“I include Beswicks Legal as part of my family as their support has been above and beyond” Jay Rodriguez
“I simply can’t speak highly enough of the whole team there and Nick in particular. You’ll get great, honest advice”. Finance Director
“Nick Phillips recently acted for me and not only is he a first rate lawyer he was more like a confidant than a lawyer. Managing Director
“From the very first meeting he quickly understood and assessed, advising of an approach that was clear and realistic, putting my interests first at all times. I cannot recommend Nick highly enough, he is a credit to his profession and I am most grateful to him”. Senior Executive