Richard Preston Insolvency Partner
I am a specialist solicitor in insolvency and corporate recovery law and insolvency litigation.
I deal with cases including transactions at undervalue, transactions defrauding creditors, preference claims and pursuing and defending directors against personal liability in respect of insolvent companies.
I regularly prepare administration applications, winding up petitions, bankruptcy petitions and advise on corporate voluntary arrangements and individual voluntary arrangements.
I specialise in defending directors in company director’s disqualification proceedings and litigation and in advising directors of their duties and personal liabilities.Book an appointment online
Make an appointment with one of our specialists using our online booking system
Typical areas I deal with are:
- Insolvency litigation and procedure
- Directors’ duties and personal liability
- Defending company director’s disqualification cases
I have recently acted for clients in relation to:
- Instructed by liquidator in high value claim against former directors of company for breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duties
- Instructed by trustee in bankruptcy in complex probate dispute on behalf of bankruptcy estate
- Acted for two directors to successfully defend company director’s disqualification proceedings and obtain a costs order in their favour
What others say about me:
The ‘tenacious’ and ‘technically strong’ team at Beswicks Solicitors LLP is ‘well respected in the local market’. It acts for insolvency practitioners and distressed companies, and is experienced in high-value bankruptcy proceedings. Richard Preston is ‘very hands-on’. Legal 500 2014
“Richard Preston heads the team at Beswicks solicitors LLP, which “adopts a practical approach”. Legal 500 2012
“Clients include national insolvency practitioners such as KPMG, Moore Stephens and Insolvency Practitioners Direct. Richard Preston is recommended…” Legal 500 2011
“Richard Preston offers ‘practical, intelligent and commercial advice’. The team acts for national insolvency practitioners, and has been involved in some non-contentious matters, such as advising on the sale and purchase of insolvent companies”. Legal 500 2010
- Partner, Beswicks Legal insolvency team
- Insolvency Lawyers Association
- R3 (Association of Business Recovery Professionals)